Kurouchi Nakkiri knives 120mm and 150mm by Shinichi Watanabe
Japanese vegetable knives!
The nakkiri was originally a knife specialized for cutting vegetables, but now people use it as an all-purpose knife. It is good for paring and cutting. The unique rectangular shaped blade is suitable for cutting all the way to the cutting board without the need for a horizontal pull or push. These knives are also much thinner than other knives. This does not help with cutting small bones in fish or meat, but is useful for cutting vegetables. The cutting edge is angled from both sides, called ryōba in Japanese. This makes it easier to cut straight slices.
This 120mm: I often meet some old cute women at exhibition shows. They are usually about 150cm (about 5 ft) tall. I immediately recommend this pretty knife to them. The knife becomes a super utility knife in their kitchen. It will cut tomato, green pepper, cucumber, eggplant, spinach, daikon radish, and some other vegetables very easily.
This knife will solve your problem. This kitchen knife is practical for many uses. You will use it everyday, so you should have a good one. Good tools equal less stress and your cooking skill will be that much better!
This 150mm: It is good for about 160 cm (about 5.3 ft) tall people. If you are vegan, vegetarian, or love to eat vegetables, this knife is genius. Some famous vegetarianism chefs are using this 150mm nakkiri. I promise you need this for your kitchen life! We also have some variety kinds of wooden hilts as the optional handle for vegetarian and vegan users.
- Kurouchi Nakkiri knife, 120mm blade,
- Total length: 245mm, Width: 42mm, Thickness: taper spine 3.5 - 1.6mm, Price:
- Kurouchi Nakkiri knife, 150mm blade,
- Total length: 290mm, Width: 48mm, Thickness: taper spine 4.5 - 1.6mm, Price: JPY19,000 In stock
- The options
- Ho wood Saya +JPY9,000
- Oval shaped Ho wood handle with horn hilt +JPY3500 Photo
- Wide oval shaped Ho wood handle with horn hilt +JPY3500
- D-shaped Ho wood handle with horn hilt +JPY3500 Photo
- Custom handles are available now +JPY Photo 1, Photo 2, Ask me the detail!
I wanted to tell you I have 3 of your knives already. I have many knives by Japanese makers, and in my opinion your knives are by far the best value for the money.
My very fancy knives sit in their sayas in my draw, while your knives are used every day.
Rated: 4.5 / 5, posted by: Mark