Kurouchi Nakkiri knife 180mm
Big vegetable cutting knife!
The nakkiri was originally a knife specialized for cutting vegetables, but now people use it as an all-purpose knife. It is good for paring and cutting. The unique rectangular shaped blade is suitable for cutting all the way to the cutting board without the need for a horizontal pull or push. These knives are also much thinner than other knives. This does not help with cutting small bones in fish or meat, but is useful for cutting vegetables. The cutting edge is angled from both sides, called ryōba in Japanese. This makes it easier to cut straight slices.
This one is 180mm blade length. I recommend this to the people taller than 170cm or professional chef cutting vegetables all days. Try one of Nakkiri knife! If you like vegetable. I promise the knife will be your good partner in your kitchen. We also have some variety kinds of wooden hilts as the optional handle for vegetarian and vegan users.
- Kurouchi Nakkiri knife, 180mm blade,
- Total length: 315mm, Width: 56mm, Thickness: taper spine 4.5 - 1.6mm,
Blade: Yasuki blue steel core with stainless outer, Handle: D-shaped burnt chestnut wood with plastic hilt
- The options
- Ho wood Saya +JPY16,000
- D-shaped Ho wood handle with horn hilt +JPY5,000 Photo
- Octagonal shaped Enju wood handle with horn hilt +JPY7,000 Photo
- Octagonal shaped walnut wood handle with brown dyed maple hilt +JPY7,000 Photo
- Octagonal shaped walnut wood handle with black dyed maple hilt (for big hand) +JPY8,000 Photo
- Octagonal shaped Honduras rose wood handle with white dyed maple hilt +JPY7,000 Photo
- Custom handles are available now +JPY12,000, JPY14,000, JPY18,000, JPY20,000 or more.Photo Photo Photo Photo Ask me the detail!
- Special version
- With Ho octagonal handle and Saya JPY63,000 in stock
- Iron clad Kintaroame with Ho wood JPY112,200 in stock Photo